Community Spotlights: Land Management and Climate Change Resources
March 28, 2017
This blog kicks off Climatelinks' “community spotlights” blog series which will highlight germane resources produced by others in the climate change and development community that are relevant to our monthly theme. In March, we focused on USAID’s approach to improving sustainable land managment for climate change resilience and mitigation, and the use of mobile technology to strengthen land tenure and management.
Climatelinks supports the sharing of resources, tools and knowledge to inform and assist climate and development practitioners. Sign up to receive the monthly call for resources related to each month's theme so that you can share relevant knowledge products from your organization!
Securing Rights, Combating Climate Change
- Secure Land Rights and Climate Change Resilience Go Hand in Hand: Here’s Why (Landesa, June 2016)
- Protecting Indigenous Land Rights Makes Good Economic Sense (World Resources Institute, October 2016)
- Indigenous land rights: A cheap and effective climate change solution, just in time (Ford Foundation, November 2016)
- Toward a Global Baseline of Carbon Storage in Collective Lands: An Updated Analysis of Indigenous Peoples' and Local Communities' Contributions to Climate Change Mitigation (Rights + Resources Initiative, November 2016)
- Indigenous Peoples & Local Community Tenure in the INDCs: Status and Recommendations (Rights + Resources Initiative, April 2016)
- Securing Rights, Combating Climate Change: How Strengthening Community Forest Rights Mitigates Climate Change (World Resources Institute, Rights + Resources Initiative, August 2014)
- Village Land Use Planning in Rangelands in Tanzania: Good Practice and Lessons Learned (International Land Coalition, October 2013)
- Women Gaining Ground: Securing Land Rights as a Critical Pillar of Climate Change Strategy (Landesa)
- Tenure Data Tool (Rights + Resources Initiative)
- Adding new tools for tracking a changing landscape (SERVIR Global, March 2017)
- Land Rights, Climate Change, and Environmental Stewardship Infographic (Landesa):
- Global Landscapes Forum: Peatlands Matter - May 18, Indonesia
In April, we’ll be crowdsourcing resources related to climate change and health. Email us at [email protected] to submit the related research, case studies, tools, videos, blogs or events you want us to share with the rest of the Climatelinks community via our blog, newsletter, and social media.