This blog kicks off Climatelinks' “community spotlights” blog series which will highlight germane resources produced by others in the climate change and development community that are relevant to our monthly theme. In March, we focused on USAID’s approach to improving sustainable land managment for climate change resilience and mitigation, and the use of mobile technology to strengthen land tenure and management.
Total Running Time
- Secure Land Rights and Climate Change Resilience Go Hand in Hand: Here’s Why (Landesa, June 2016)
- Protecting Indigenous Land Rights Makes Good Economic Sense (World Resources Institute, October 2016)
- Indigenous land rights: A cheap and effective climate change solution, just in time (Ford Foundation, November 2016)
Research, fact sheets & case studies
- Toward a Global Baseline of Carbon Storage in Collective Lands: An Updated Analysis of Indigenous Peoples' and Local Communities' Contributions to Climate Change Mitigation (Rights + Resources Initiative, November 2016)
- Indigenous Peoples & Local Community Tenure in the INDCs: Status and Recommendations (Rights + Resources Initiative, April 2016)
- Securing Rights, Combating Climate Change: How Strengthening Community Forest Rights Mitigates Climate Change (World Resources Institute, Rights + Resources Initiative, August 2014)
- Village Land Use Planning in Rangelands in Tanzania: Good Practice and Lessons Learned (International Land Coalition, October 2013)
- Women Gaining Ground: Securing Land Rights as a Critical Pillar of Climate Change Strategy (Landesa)
- Tenure Data Tool (Rights + Resources Initiative)
- Adding new tools for tracking a changing landscape (SERVIR Global, March 2017)
- Land Rights, Climate Change, and Environmental Stewardship Infographic (Landesa):
- Global Landscapes Forum: Peatlands Matter - May 18, Indonesia
Leave a comment below if you have additional resources on this topic to share!
Climatelinks is a global knowledge portal for USAID staff, implementing partners, and the broader community working at the intersection of climate change and international development. The portal curates and archives technical guidance and knowledge related to USAID’s work to help countries mitigate and adapt to climate change.