Climatelinks is focusing on climate risk management this month. Explore the following resources and blogs covering this topic, shared with us by Climatelinks community members.
Sign up to receive the monthly call for resources related to ecosystem-based adaptation. We look forward to sharing your germane knowledge products with the Climatelinks community via our blog, newsletter and social media!
Research, Fact Sheets & Case Studies
- What does it take to mainstream disaster risk management in key sectors? (Climate & Development Knowledge Network, April 2014)
- Promoting the use of climate information to achieve long-term development objectives in sub-Saharan Africa: Results from the Future Climate for Africa scoping phase (Future Climate For Africa, February 2015)
- Inclusive Community Resilience (Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery, 2017)
- Resilience to Climate Change (Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery, 2017)
- How to make climate risk insurance work for poor and vulnerable people: 7 guiding principles (Munich Climate Insurance Initiative, November 2016)
- How to make climate risk insurance work for poor and vulnerable people: An analysis of good practice, literature and expert interviews (Munich Climate Insurance Initiative, November 2016)
- Livelihood Protection Policy (Munich Climate Insurance Initiative, 2014)
- How the Red Cross Red Crescent confronts climate risks (adelphi, January 2017)
Total Running Time
- Climate resilient planning toolkit (BRACED, September 2016)
- Caribbean Climate Online Risk and Adaptation Tool (CCORAL) (Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre, 2017)
- Climate Change Knowledge Portal (World Bank, 2017)
- Climate Smart Planning Platform (World Bank, 2017)
- How Small Island States are working together to turn the tide on disasters (Prevention Web, May 2017)
- Reducing risks in urban centres: think 'local, local, local' (International Institute for Environment and Development, May 2017)
- Seizing the Moment: Translating Early Warnings into Early Actions (A New Climate for Peace, March 2017)
- Humanitarian interventions need to incorporate climate and conflict (New Security Beat, April 2017)
- 2nd Annual International Technical Workshop on Climate Risk (October 25-26, 2017)
Lyly is the Site and Community Manager for Climatelinks. She has a background in and passion for addressing challenges at the nexus of climate change and international development. Lyly contributes her capacity building, technical content development, and community engagement experience to Climatelinks. She supports and grows the communities encompassed in Climatelinks, connects practitioners with valuable experiences to share, identifies themes for focused engagement and knowledge-sharing activities, and connects practitioners to germane resources. Lyly has an MSc in Environment and Sustainable Development from the University College London and a B.A. in International Studies from American University.