USAID/El Salvador’s Central America Regional Program serves the Central American Integration System (SICA) countries of Belize, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama.Climate Change Information
Climate change has emerged as a major threat to Central American communities, intensifying the destructive impacts of poor land-use practices and further stressing a region already vulnerable to drought, landslides, hurricanes, and other extreme weather events. USAID works across Central America to build the capacity of governments, people, places, and livelihoods to make better decisions and take actions to improve their resilience to climate change. USAID also promotes sustainable low-carbon growth by stimulating investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency, and climate-smart land practices that reduce emissions and contribute to economic growth.
- Climate Risk Profile: El Salvador (2017, 5 pages)
- Perfil de Riesgo Climático: El Salvador (2017, 6 pages)
- GHG Emissions Factsheet: El Salvador (2017, 2 pages)
- CEADIR Series: Financing Opportunities to Diversify Central American Energy Markets (webinar)
- See USAID IDEA indicator compilation for El Salvador: climate, energy, environment and more