With high rates of deforestation and a growing demand for energy, Mexico ranks 12th in the world in greenhouse gas emissions. USAID supported the development of a national low-carbon development strategy, and implementation of clean energy demonstration projects. USAID is also working with Mexico on reducing emissions from deforestation and degradation of forests.
Climate Change Information
- Mexico EC-LEDS
- Climatelinks Blog: Reverse Auctions Open Up Markets and Cut Energy Prices Dramatically
- Climatelinks Blog: Calculating and Projecting Energy and Greenhouse Gas Benefits in Mexico with the CLEER Tool
- Frontlines Story: Technology Aims to Take Down Greenhouse Gases in Mexico
- Frontlines Story: Leading the Charge for Low Emission Sustainable Development
- See USAID IDEA indicator compilation for Mexico: climate, energy, environment and more