Building Climate Resilience into Roads & Transport Infrastructure
Climate change is putting at risk the lives of millions of people worldwide, and trillions of dollars of investment in transport infrastructure and services. Access to all-weather roads and transport services has become so woven into the fabric of communities and economic development that service disruptions can have far-reaching implications for entire communities, especially in the developing world. A transport system that cannot withstand the emerging impacts of climate change will prove an increasing burden.
This certified training course is designed to provide a methodical overview of climate change mitigation strategies and emergency response management. Participants will be guided through various processes aimed at conducting thorough risk preparedness assessments and the associated remedial measures. Throughout the course, the issue of successful engagement with impacted residents will be addressed.
Rural roads, frequently a vulnerable link in the transport chain, will be addressed through dedicated modules presenting design and maintenance features for weather-resilient low volume / rural roads.
- Understand the impact of Climate Change on Transportation
- Learn methods to assess risks and set priorities for Infrastructure
- Learn methods to communicate an effective message
- Develop a plan to address Climate Change in your country
- Understand how to plan, prepare and respond to Emergencies in your country
- Learn Low Cost Solutions for Rural Roads and how to apply in your country