C40 invites you for a webinar on Mexico City’s experiences issuing Latin America’s first city Green Bond. Through this Green Bond, the city raised $1 billion pesos (US$50 million) for sustainable transport, energy efficiency and comprehensive water management initiatives and won a global award for Municipal Bond of the Year, recognising their success raising capital in spite of difficult financial market conditions.
- Mexico City’s rationale for issuing a Green Bond
- The financial and environmental characteristics of the projects to be funded
- Obtaining a second opinion on the green credentials
- Green Bond underwriting and national financial market placement
- The market response and future outlook