Catalyzing finance for climate action is essential to achieving goals for limiting global warming. USAID can play a pivotal role across partner countries by supporting activities that catalyze and crowd in private capital to climate-focused investments. This event will feature two innovative cases examples of donor support for climate finance- the Climate Resilience and Adaptation Finance and Technology Transfer Facility (CRAFT) and the BioCarbon Initiative for Sustainable Forest Landscapes (IFSL). Panelists from USAID will offer insights and discuss the relevance of these experiences to the Agency’s climate strategy.
Date: December 1, 10:30am US EST
Related publication: Catalyzing Finance for Climate Action
- Gillian Caldwell, USAID Climate Change Coordinator and Deputy Assistant Administrator Bureau for Development, Democracy, and Innovation (DDI)
- Sashi Jayatileke, USAID Senior Climate Finance Advisor Center for Energy, Environment and Infrastructure
- Roy Parizat, World Bank, BioCarbon Fund Initiative for Sustainable Forest Landscapes
- Jay Koh, Co-founder & Managing Director of The Lightsmith Group
- Robin Young, Senior Investment Advisory, USAID/ INVEST