Climate Opportunity 2019 Co-Benefits for Just Energy Futures
Under the auspices of Germany’s International Climate Initiative, Climate Opportunity 2019 will be opened by Dr. Karsten Sach, Director General of International and European Policy and Climate Policy at the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU).
The Global Policy Forum on October 15, 2019 will be organized in the newly opened Futurium Berlin, comprising High-Level Policy Panels, interactive working groups and an exhibition of key initiatives and state-of-the-art knowledge that will address:
- Employment, People’s Health and Economic Prosperity: Can the social and economic opportunities of renewable energy and energy saving drive ambitious climate action?
- How can these co-benefits of climate action support the building of alliances for climate action, and raising the ambition of NDCs, to successfully deliver on the Paris Agreement?
- How can climate policies and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) be connected to facilitate just energy transitions?
- What political leverages can ministries generate to maximise health benefits and opportunities for employment and economic prosperity for our countries?
Deep Dive Workshops on October 16, 2019 will explore:
- Best available tools for country-specific co-benefits assessments
- Communication and public participation to build alliances for ambitious climate action
- Capacity building to mobilise the co-benefits of climate action
If you wish to attend the conference, please register here: www.conference-service.com/
Climate Opportunity 2019 is organized by the global COBENEFITS project in partnership with Ambition to Action, powered by the International Climate Initiative (IKI) of the German Environment Ministry (BMU).