Join Resources for the Future and the Urban Institute on Wednesday, July 21, for the fourth event in Exposure, a multi-part webinar series on environmental justice. Government agencies use benefit-cost analysis and related economic decision tools to determine where, what, and who receives federal dollars for infrastructure investments. During this event, experts from a range of scholarly, policy, and advocacy backgrounds will discuss “the good, the bad, and the ugly” in the use of these tools as applied to investments in hazard mitigation, climate adaptation, and water infrastructure. They will also offer suggestions for how social equity and justice can factor into good financial decisionmaking at all levels of government.
- Amy Chester, Rebuild by Design
- Carlos Martín, Urban Institute
- Chrishelle Palay, Houston Organizing Movement for Equity (HOME) Coalition
- Leonard Shabman, Resources for the Future
- Margaret Walls, Resources for the Future (moderator)
To attend this webinar, please RSVP and follow the instructions in the Zoom confirmation email.