Green Finance Workshop
Format:In person only
Date:Mar 21, 2017 11:30AM CET to Mar 22, 2017 6:30PM CET
Climate-KIC, City of Gothenburg
About this Event
The purpose of this workshop is to increase access to and further explore the potential for green public-private partnerships and their role in achieving municipal climate goals. We want to aid public decision makers in finding new ways of involving the private sector in the funding of green projects and in this way unlock climate finance through competence building.
City and municipality officials, treasury/finance officers and technical/environmental officers. Investment officers from pension funds, public and private financial institutions, multilateral banks, etc.
Policymakers will gain a further understanding of how to:
- Attract green investors to climate mitigation projects
- Develop stronger leadership in and greater awareness of green bond initiatives and generating green finance
- Better engage new actors and investors to work with green finance on a city scale, e.g. the finance sector, insurance companies, utilities and private investors.
Investors will gain a further understanding of:
- Green bonds and the investment opportunities they present.
- Climate reporting and how to accurately quantify the environmental impact of their investments.
Private partners will be learn how to:
- Measure and quantify the climate benefits of proposed projects in monetary terms
- Establish a methodology for climate impact measurement as well as how to provide support for reporting climate impact assessments to investors and other stakeholders