Sustainable Finance – Going to Scale
Please register now for the forthcoming Austrian Climate Change Workshop titled Sustainable Finance – Going to Scale. Taking place in early 2019 at Kommunalkredit Group’s conference facilities close to Vienna’s city centre, the event will be hosted by Kommunalkredit Public Consulting (KPC) and is organized in close cooperation with the Austrian Federal Ministry of Sustainability and Tourism.
The event’s primary objective is to provide a communication platform for constructive exchange between public sector and financial market actors on key sustainable finance issues and for sharing best practices. Through four sessions, the following topics will be explored:
- Setting appropriate incentives for the financial sector to re-orient capital flows, outlining key elements of the proposed regulatory framework to foster enabling conditions for sustainable finance on the European level, including the sustainability taxonomy, ESG integration in the financial decision-making process, as well as transparency and disclosure provisions,
- Assessing climate-related risks in investment and lending portfolios, focusing on suitable tools, instruments and methods to gauge transition and physical risks stemming from climate change,
- Showcasing best practices in sustainable finance by the investment and banking sector, highlighting innovate green financial instruments, client engagement, forward looking business development, disclosure of climate-relevant information, and,
- Promoting sustainable finance beyond European borders, presenting latest initiatives by key financial actors including central banks, international financing institutions, development banks and asset managers with global reach.
High-level speakers from European and national authorities, institutional investors, asset managers, investment funds, think tanks, consulting firms and civil society organisations will share and discuss their insights with the audience through focused presentations and panel discussions. Please find the agenda here.
- Selma Herco firstname.lastname@example.org (general information)
- Martin Gauss email@example.com (Event contents and speaker coordination)
Places are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
About Kommunalkredit Public Consulting:
KPC provides advisory services at the nexus of climate change, energy and finance and manages Austrian environmental support schemes, channeling several hundred million Euros annually on behalf of its public clients to green Austria’s economy. KPC draws on its experience of managing Austria’s carbon purchase programme and Austria’s climate finance initiatives since 2003 and is involved in several climate and sustainable finance projects for its international clients.