Webinar: Climate Investment & Sustainable Finance in CEE
As countries move forward to implement national climate strategies, National Energy and Climate Plans (NECPs)and more broadly Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs), there is an increasing need to understand how to transform investment needs into capital raising and financing plans. Today countries in Central Europe are moving forward to collect the information and data to support this process.
This webinar will look at the emerging insights from the CEE countries and how they are beginning to track domestic climate investment and finance. Experts will also discuss how CEE countries are integrating this into the climate policy planning process and implementation.
- Moderation: Zofia Wetmanska – WiseEuropa
- Introduction: Where are we today on the European Sustainable Finance Agenda – Tom Jess E3G (TBC)
- Climate Investments in the CEE region: the Increase in Climate Finance and Investment Tracking in Central Europe
Presentation of New Insights:
- Czech Landscape of Climate Finance - Michaela Valentová, Czech Technical University in Prague
- Lessons from Latvian Landscape – Agris Kamenders (Riga Technical university)
- The connection between the real economy tracking and the sustainable finance agenda – Zofia Wetmanska, WiseEuropa & Hanna Fekete, NewClimate Institute
- Key difference between the investment and financing models between countries?
- What lessons could countries take away?
Please join the meeting using the following link from your computer, tablet or smartphone: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/580369109