Webinar on Nature Based Solutions for Brazilian Cities
This webinar will proceed to 'STEP 5 | IMPLEMENT' of the UrbanByNature integrated management approach. Representatives from cities, research and SMEs from Europe and Brazil will share their experiences and insights on how to apply and roll-out technical nature-based solutions in cities. Key elements for technical NBS design and implementation will be highlighted and various examples will be shared.
In this webinar, you will hear from:
- Stuart Connop, Senior Research Fellow, Sustainability Research Institute, University of East London (UK)
- Rania Sermpezi, GIS Technical Project Officer, H2020 Connecting Nature
- Sven-Oliver Knabe, Market Development Manager, Helix Pflanzen
- Cristiano Budreckas, Agronomist, Hidrodinamica Ambiental, Brazil
The webinar will be moderated by Daniela Rizzi (ICLEI Europe) and Sophia Picarelli (ICLEI South America).
In this webinar, you will hear about:
- The diversity of types of NBS and critical aspects that influence technical design decisions
- Developing a database to inform technical design
- Examples of technical solution innovation from SMEs
- Examples of how solutions are scalable and provide for multifunctional benefits
- Examples of how local biodiversity is supported by solution design
To register for the webinar, click here and enter the requested details. Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to join.