Photo Contest Rules
The Climatelinks Photo Contest 2020 is open to anyone with great photos that depict climate and development. Each entrant may submit up to five images complying with the requirements and rules below. Entries will be judged on relevance, composition, originality, and technical quality. Winners will be announced in Fall 2020 and subsequently featured in USAID’s communications and outreach, and highlighted on various Climatelinks pages. All photos will also be published on the Climatelinks Photo Gallery.
Submission Rules & Requirements
- Content: Photos “tell the story” of "Healthy Forests for Healthy People" such as active reforestation, plantations, agroforestry, and natural regeneration. We would also like photos that tell the story of how individuals and communities interact with the forests they depend on, and how local leaders are conserving, managing, and restoring them.
- High-resolution: Photos must be high resolution (minimum 1200x1200 pixels and 300 pixels per inch). The minimum size accepted is 1MB.
- File type: Photos must be JPG/JPEG files.
- Original: Photos must be original submissions (by photographer or with permission) and not previously submitted to a USAID photo contest.
- Photo Submitter: The photo submitter’s name should be noted here.
- Photo Credit: Photos must include the name of the photographer and associated organization, if applicable.
- Caption: Photos must have a caption describing these elements. Maximum 200 words:
- Location and date the photo was taken
- Who is depicted in the photo
- What activity is depicted in the photo
- How the activity addresses climate change
- Name of the relevant program receiving USAID support (via Global Climate Change or other funds)
- Names of partner organizations involved in the program
We invite photos related to "Healthy Forests for a Healthy Future" including active reforestation, plantations, agroforestry, and natural regeneration.
Photos will be excluded from the contest that:
- Are not in a digital format and submitted electronically
- Have been significantly retouched or altered with software
- Contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content
- Infringe on copyrights or misrepresent the work of others
- Include watermarks, time or date stamps, or logos
- Have not met all submission requirements
- Are compressed files
- Do not include photographer credit, caption, and location
How to Submit Photos
To enter the contest, visit the Climatelinks photo submission page by July 31st, 2020. Submissions must include all required information to be considered. For any questions, contact the Climatelinks team at [email protected].
Winners will be announced in Fall 2020.