Accelerating Private Sector Investment for Clean Energy and Sustainable Landscapes in Asia
CEADIR March 2017 workshop.
Since April 2016, CEADIR mobilizes private sector investment and finance for clean energy development and sustainable landscapes management in South and Southeast Asia.
Under this activity, CEADIR:
- Assessed countries in the region to identify government priorities for climate change mitigation and opportunities for private sector investment and finance.
- Organized two regional workshops in Bangkok in March 2017 with private sector and government representatives, to develop regional and country-specific recommendations. The first workshop focused on scaling up investment in renewable energy and energy efficiency. The second workshop focused on sustainable and climate-smart agriculture and forestry. The proceedings of both workshops are available on Climatelinks (see links below).
- Convened a follow-on workshop at the Asia Clean Energy Forum in Manila in June 2017 to engage a broader regional audience of key stakeholders working to expand clean energy investment, with priority next steps identified in the workshop report.
- Convened a follow-on workshop on Climate Action for Agriculture in Asia in Bangkok in October 2017 with the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) that engaged a broader regional audience working to accelerate climate-smart agriculture and forestry investment, with priority action items summarized in the workshop report.
- CEADIR developed country-specific recommendations for improved public-private sector coordination to advance low-emission, climate-smart agriculture and forestry production in Cambodia, Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam. Briefers summarizing these recommendations are available on the “Climate Action for Agriculture in Asia” resources page hosted by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. These briefers are also available below in the Resources section.
- Conducted analysis on how competitive auctions are cost-effectively mobilizing private sector investment for clean energy development in Southeast Asia, presenting initial findings at an Asia Clean Energy Forum workshop in Manila in June 2018 (presentations available here).
- Hosted CEADIR Series Webinars to share findings and recommendations with a global audience:
For more information:
Mikell O’Mealy, Activity Manager
mikell_omealy [at] abtassoc [dot] com