Scaling Up Clean Energy Lending in West Africa
With Power Africa support, the USAID West Africa Regional Mission is funding CEADIR technical assistance and training to help commercial banks scale up renewable energy lending in Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea (Conakry), Liberia, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, and Sierra Leone. CEADIR assistance is based on the Clean Energy Lending Toolkit developed by USAID-funded Analysis and Investment in Low Emissions Growth (AILEG).
Under this activity, CEADIR:
- Translated the Clean Energy Lending Toolkit from English to French and Spanish
- Conducted assessments of clean energy lending in each of the countries
- Identified commercial banks interested in CEADIR assistance and is training them to assess their markets for renewable energy lending; understand the technologies, business models, and risks; develop appropriate loan products; and appraise related loan applications
- Links banks to clean energy companies, developers, and potential investors
- Develops an analytical tool for evaluating the financial viability of rooftop solar applications in the eight countries
- Prepares case studies on agribusiness and textile company investments in renewable energy
Download the briefer in English.
Download the briefer in French.
For more information:
Crown Agents USA
Chief of Party