Financing Opportunities to Diversify Central American Energy Markets
CEADIR offers training and technical assistance for financial institutions in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Panama to understand new market potential and scale up finance for renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Under this activity, CEADIR:
- Introduced clean energy lending basics to commercial banks in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Panama via the USAID Clean Energy Lending Toolkit in English and Spanish.
- Conducted market assessments for clean energy lending in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Panama.
- Is developing the capacity of eight local financial institutions for scaling up financing of clean energy, particularly through trainings to reduce actual and perceived risks of entering new markets, support for business plan development, and evaluation of potential clean energy projects.
- Is supporting the development of clean energy lending products in local financial institutions, including lines of credit.
- Is assisting in the development of new financial instruments to reduce the risk of clean energy investments, including partial guarantees and insurance products.
- Is assisting key public and private stakeholders to overcome barriers to clean energy, as highlighted in the CEADIR report on critical issues for clean energy lending and LEDS support.
- Briefer: CEADIR Support for Clean Energy in Central America
- Report: Critical issues for Clean Energy Lending and LEDS Support
- Toolkit (English): Clean Energy Lending
- Toolkit (Spanish): Clean Energy Lending
- CEADIR Series: Financing Opportunities to Diversify Central American Energy Markets
For more information:
Crown Agents USA
Pablo Torres, Chief of Party
Santiago Enriquez, Activity Manager
santiago_enriquez [at] abtassoc [dot] com