Finance and Carbon Markets (FCM) Task Brochure
This brochure describes USAID’s the Forest Carbon, Markets and Communities (FCMC) Program. Its aim is to provide USAID missions, partner governments, and local and international stakeholders with assistance in developing and implementing REDD+ initiatives.
FCMC supports initiatives with multilateral development banks, such as the Forest Carbon Partnership Facility; public-private partnerships, such as the Tropical Forest Alliance 2020; and developing country governments engaging in REDD+ finance and carbon markets, with a principle focus on Colombia.
The assistance is tailored to a partner’s needs and can include analysis on market developments, support to develop market standards, advice on a country’s readiness to participate in carbon markets, and development of new financial products.
The brochure outlines recent FCMC achievements and activities. These include:
- Assessing emerging compliance markets for REDD+
- Analyzing Colombia’s readiness to participate in pay-for-performance and market-based mechanisms and attract private finance for REDD+
- Supporting the Forest Carbon Partnership Facility’s Carbon Fund to improve the framework used to quantify emission reductions and removals
- Developing online content on REDD+ markets and standards for the REDD Desk
- Developing guidance for the Verified Carbon Standard Jurisdictional and Nested REDD+ standard
- Supporting USAID’s Development Credit Authority to develop a loan guarantee for debt
- finance for REDD+
- Supporting U.S. engagement in Tropical Forest Alliance 2020