Western Indian Ocean Training on Vulnerability Assessment, Scenario Planning, and Adaptation
This USAID report outlines training for 20 representatives from countries in the western Indian Ocean to improve their ability to adapt to climate change impacts.
The training had five objectives:
- Review coastal climate impacts and how to build resiliency, in part through Marine Protected Areas (MPAs).
- Understand how communities themselves can be a source of adaptation information and how to obtain that knowledge.
- Understand how to assess the vulnerability of resources in MPAs, including exposure, sensitivity and adaptive capacity.
- Explore scenario planning
- Understand how best to select adaptation strategies.
Download File 1.43 MB